Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Yin Yang, an Introduction








This is the first of a short series of articles I've written about Yin/Yang. You can check back here once a week for new articles , follow me on Twitter , or like my facebook page to be notified when new articles are posted. 

Yin Yang, meaning in simplified terms, balance or infinite paradox, is a predominant concept in both Feng Shui and Chinese philosophy. 

For me this has been a useful topic to explore as I navigated some challenging aspects of life. 

We can think of Yin in the following terms:


Yin is:

Passive
Feminine
Dark
Winter
Quiet
Empty
Heavy
Decay
Sinks
Night
Death

And Yang in the following terms:
Yang is: 

Active
Masculine
Bright
Summer
Loud
Full
Light
Growth
Rises
Day
Birth

One cannot exist without the other, they are perfect balance together. The Taiji symbol above shows also, that they are not separate, one contains the other.

If this isn't something you've thought much about in these terms, it may seem a bit out there, but bear with me. Over the next few weeks I'll be using some real life examples to demonstrate Yin Yang. 

If you enjoyed today's article, please check back for more articles. You can also Like my Facebook page or Follow me on Twitter  and you will be notified when new articles are posted. 



No comments:

Post a Comment